Ingeo News: Volume 12, Issue 1
April 2, 2015
LATEST ADVANCES IN INGEO GRADES AND APPLICATIONS HIGHLIGHTED AT NPE 2015
New Ingeo durable formulations
At NPE, three new formulated Ingeo injection molding offerings were highlighted. These formulations are built on NatureWorks' heat-stable technology platform and offer a range of impact and other performance features. Two formulations offer medium and high impact performance with high bio content. This makes them ideal for injection molding applications – particularly those currently in ABS. Additionally, a third Ingeo formulation for profile extrusion applications maintains excellent impact performance, and just as with the injection molding offerings, this formulation's high stiffness offers opportunities for downgauging and materials savings.
"Our new Ingeo formulations take things like 'high heat' performance as a given and move beyond that to offer a comprehensive suite of properties, which in some cases exceed ABS," explains Frank Diodato, who leads NatureWorks Durables Business platform. "Furthermore, these new formulations have a renewably sourced carbon content of approximately 90 percent, which is far higher than anything achieved before." Read more.
- NPE2015 puts spotlight on biobased plastics
- New plant-based material wins 2015 RISE Durable Product Award
- NatureWorks in the TOP 20 Hottest Companies in Biobased Chemicals & Materials 2014-15
- Indian distribution deal for NatureWorks' Ingeo resins
- NatureWorks and Natur-Tec Begin Sales of Ingeo in India
- Trevira to present fibers and filaments for technical applications at Techtextil
- NatureWorks: Biofuels Digest's 2015 5-Minute Guide
- Teknor Apex Masterbatches Make Bioplastics Stronger, Cut Cooling Time
Plant Based Summit
April 8-9 | Lille, France
Flavio DiMarcotullio, Business Development Manager, will present NatureWorks: New Packaging Developments with Ingeo.
May 12-13 | Novotel, Amsterdam
Erwin Vink will present Changing landscape in Europe offering new opportunities for bioplastics.
International Nonwovens Symposium
June 3-4 | Prague, Czech Republic
Robert Green, Global Director Fibers and Nonwovens, will moderate the Raw Materials for Nonwovens panel discussion.