We understand that products and packaging made from Ingeo will be landfilled and incinerated at the end of their useful life in the near term – but through future innovation, technology and education we are looking to build a bridge to a better end of life.
OUR VISION FOR PRODUCTS MADE FROM INGEO
- Maintain a journey to zero waste.
- Keep Ingeo in any form out of landfills.
- Recycling for use in the same application or higher use applications whenever possible.
- Ideally, Ingeo products will be recycled through hydrolysis back to lactic acid, with further processing back to virgin Ingeo resin.
- Composting is desirable for food contaminated Ingeo packaging, facilitating green waste diversion from a landfill.
As a single entity we cannot do the whole job by ourselves. NatureWorks LLC is committed to leading by listening and partnering with key stakeholders involved. As a result of this dialog, industry input and concern about maintaining the existing waste stream infrastructures globally, NatureWorks is actively engaging with the market ahead of large-scale adoption. This choice to be a responsible biopolymer producer at all points of manufacture and market presence extends to end-of-life solutions. We will continue to refine and add to programs as the volume of Ingeo biopolymer and biopolymers in general grow around the world.